1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot connect wirless to Netgear DGN2000 router

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Tin-man, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Tin-man

Tin-man Member

My Netgear DGN2000 router is being a pain in the proverbial.

Settings haven't changed for eons but now for some reason whenever I put encryption on no one can access. I checked the usual suspects like wireless isolation, passkey, encryption method ect. Now as soon as I turn encryption off everything is dandy. Turn it on and everything is knocked back like a five quid hooker!

Wireless Access Point is enabled and broadcasting SSID is on. PPPOA is selected and Router is DHCP. WDS and WPS are off. I have even setup Wireless Station Access to accept specific MAC addresses which I have inputed manually i.e iPhoney and PS3. I thought maybe WPA2-PSK might be a problem so changed to the lower WPA-PSK but still no joy. I changed N 270mbps to 130mbps but nowt. Help before I use it as a door stop!

2. LDee

LDee Regular member

Try turning MAC address filtering off completely and take the encryption down to WEP just to test if it works. Also try taking the wifi down to 802.11b/g for testing purposes. Any differences?

PPPOA etc should be nothing to do with your problem if you are saying that everything works fine when you turn the wireless encryption off.

Does everything work normally on the cable?

Also, is there a firmware upgrade available?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012