1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot copy dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jorhul, Oct 11, 2004.

1. jorhul

jorhul Member

hiya,

last week i had a problem with tyring to burn a dvd.
    the orginal is 7.9gb so i used dvd shrink and it was reduced to abt 4.35gb. but now i can;t copy it to a blank dvd.

i heard there's dvd -r/dvd +r etc...don;t know what;s that. i tihk my laptop says dvd +r. any how i'm really not able to copy the movie to the blank dvd.

i tried dvd decrytped and easy cd creator ass well but didnt work.

will be great if someone could help.
    cheers,
    jo

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Newbie questions belong in the newbie forum not Advanced :)

Thread moved.

3. tiggerme

tiggerme Member

Hi Jo

just a silly question.....did you click backup on dvd shrink?

Tigger

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there jorhul,

If your laptop says +R then you need to make sure your media is +R also - PLEASE search through the forum to ascertain the best media for DVD backup - using the wrong media can result in failure too -

As to your complaint that you can't get DVD Shrink to write to a blank disc, DVD Shrink is incapable of writing to anything. What proggy are you using to use to write with ? Could you tell us what guide you've been following, that would help a lot -

"What are our choices for our contestant today, ScubaPete ?"

"Well Bob, today's choices are -

Behind door number 1. We have that Old Standby DVD Decrypter worth absolutely nothing as it is FREE.

Behind door number 2. We have that Nero, Who has been our past favorite since, FOREVER !
    AND
    Behind door number 3. We have that up and coming newcomer, CopyToDVD who's blazing speed has been the talk of the day.

And the burner that our friend jorhul been trying is . . . .

(Hurry, we're waiting for your answer -

Pete

5. jorhul

jorhul Member

hi therem

hey tigger, i did hit the backu button in dvd shrink...but didn't work.

pete, i used dvd shrink to compress the orginal dvd movie source coz it was abt 7.9gb. Once i used dvd shrink to compress it, it reduced the files to 4.35gb. Then i used dvd encrptor & Nero to burn it to a blank dvd, but it didn't work. I also tried with s/w like InterVideo WinDVD creator, Easy CD creator.

i used dvd-r & also dvd+r, in both cases, it takes abt 25minutes & also tells me that the burning process is going on but at the end, no results.

i;m using a hp pavilion zt3000, i thikn it has a toshiba dvd drive.

thnaks for all ur help.
    cheers,
    jo

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey there jo,

Roxio has to go –

As the story goes, on every playground we'll find one or two kids who don't play well with others. All they do is create problems so that no one has fun and nothing ever gets done. Roxio is one such kid. One of the kids he messes with the most is that Nero boy over there –

Lucky for us the Nero kid can do everything that Roxio can do so banning Roxio from recess isn't much of a loss at all.

Banning Roxio wasn't all that simple, he's into everything BUT, lucky for us, we have a "Roxio Zapper" to simplify our task.
    Uninstall Roxio using it's own uninstall proggy OR use the "Add and Remove" Program in your Control Panel. When you're finished with that, run this little "Puppy" to finish the job –

To remove all types of Roxio tentacles and tendrils attack it with Roxio Zapper –

Find it here:

http://www.microadvantage.net/downloads/zapper60.zip

Once you've done that, reboot your PC to "flush everything out of your PC's system :)

If you really, truly cannot live without Roxio install it in a different directory and make sure it is turned off in msconfig. Also, if you ran it and then wish to work with Nero, PLEASE reboot your system so that Roxio isn't on and waiting to pick a fight with the Nero kid.

It is rare BUT sometimes Nero may have to be reinstalled fresh once again. If that's necessary, stop back and we'll help you with that little chore –

Stop back anyway and let us know how you make out –

Cheers,

Pete