1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Copy file: parameter error, with ipod

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by eeeja, Jun 22, 2008.

1. eeeja

eeeja Guest

I'm trying to copy some movies off an ipod.

When I try to copy certain movies, I get an error message "Cannot Copy filename: incorrect Parameter.

I tried to copy the files simply by dragging the items onto my desktop, but I got this error message.
    I also tried copying them into a different folder, (would that do anything?) but I got this error message too.

I'm using windows XP...

I tried googling the error message, but everything i read/ tried didn't seem to work.

I.e. I thought it might be a file format error...so I tried to convert my harddisk/ ipod to both FAT32 formats or NTFS...but i didn't succeed.

It shouldn't be this problem though, because my files are only 1.37 GB

Then I tried to copy the files onto a flashdisk (FAT format)... but that didn't work either...

(These are FAT32 files, while my computer hardrive is NTFS)

Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. Mez

Mez Active member

I assume you are using file explorer. Try looking at the properties see if Apple set a property so you can't copy it. Could it be copy protected with something like a DRM? Apple looks like they are working overtime to keep users from doing things Apple does not want them todo. itunes has some new wacky bugs probablyy due to all the re-coding.

Enjoy!

3. citizen14

citizen14 Guest

Yea man I went looking for the answer to this problem and never found it. So, I tried my noob ass off and found a way or loop hole. I couldn't drag over movies to my desktop so I thought it was an issue with what computer the file was originally transferred on or something lol so I had an idea that what if I just copy the file inside the folder than drag the copy over and what do you know it works. Bad part is that is still annoying lol

4. david94

david94 Regular member

try using idump,
    a free windows program wich can copy all your songs videos and all the rest back onto your computer with no hassel