1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Copy "Two Brothers"

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by baki21, Jan 25, 2005.

1. baki21

baki21 Member

I have tried copying the movie "Two Brothers" using DVD shrink and cloneDVD2 while running AnyDVD without success. I am using the latest edition of all the software. Has anyone else experienced this problem and discovered a solution?

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Is your copy of Two Bros. dirty or scratched? I backed this movie up a month and a half ago with shrink and nero only without a single problem. What kind of errors are happening when you try to back this up? Need more details.

3. baki21

baki21 Member

I actually have tried copying 2 different original discs so I don' think it was a problem with the disc.

With both DVD Shrink (using Nero to burn) and CloneDVD2 the entire disc copied fine and I actually could watch 1/2 - 3/4 of the movie without a problem and then the last several chapters were unwatchable.

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Sounds like a problem with the media you are using. Sometimes, regardless of how many times you have had success with the media you are using there are chances that the next 1 or 2 or rest of the pack is crap. If you haven't had any problems with this media before, you could try again and maybe adjust your burning speed to a slower setting. I know from experience that if you use your burner at top speed all the time, it eventually starts popping out coasters. If you just started using that media and now you are trying - instead of + or the other way around, go back to what worked for you before. Like I said earlier though, you just might of had a couple of crap discs in the pack. Good luck

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  5. baki21

baki21 Member

I appreciate your reply. I have burned a lot of DVDs using the same exact media so I will try burning at a slower speed.
    When you said your burner started to "pop out coasters" after burning so many DVDs at high speed - did you mean that you had to actually replace the burner?

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

My friend had too many bad occurances with her original burner when she would back up at its top speed. It didn't happen all the time, but when it started to get out of hand she started burning at 4x instead of 8x and it has worked 100% since the change. She'll sometimes burn at 8x when she's in a hurry and hasn't had problems, but still burns at 4x most of the time to be safe. Let me know how it goes.

7. baki21

baki21 Member

I have discovered the problem is actually my burner as other movies I have recently burned are also not playing well or at all. Thanks for your help.

8. nawlinz

nawlinz Member

I used DVD Shrink alone for this movie with no problem. I would make sure that it is scratch free and clean on the bottom.

9. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Baki, just for shits and giggles try uninstalling anydvd and just use shrink and your burning program by itself before you shit can your burner. Lots of people are having problems with anydvd in the background for some reason. Good luck

10. baki21

baki21 Member

I have tried burning at a slower speed with the same result.
    So I will try without AnyDVD installed and see what happens. It's worth a shot.

Thanks.