1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Decrypt DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by neltec, Mar 24, 2005.

1. neltec

neltec Member

Hi

I have the DVD Shrink 3.2 & DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 and the Problem is with Cleopatra, The movie is in 2 DVD the First One has no problem to Decrypt, but the Second One it cannot be Decrypted... If someone could help me out, I'll apreciated...

I'll wait for your answers...

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey neltec,

Have you tried using AnyDVD?

This might do it for you, since Decrypter isn't picking it up.

I would have no idea as to why only one is good and the second one isn't being picked up.

Let me know how it goes.

;)

3. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I'd say that your trouble can be explained with 3 words:

1 dirt
    2 scratch
    3 error

I'd bet your disk is either dirty, scratched, or has a manufacturing error on it. Clean it the best you can and retry it.

I'm going out on a limb here....and recommend.....the...old.......toothpaste....trick.

Some people say that tooothpaste can be used to remove minor scratches.

I'll get cut down for that one!

4. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Damn! Really?!

Guess I am going to invest in some friggin' toothpaste then.

LOL!

5. sadsac

sadsac Guest

There was a whole thread on the toothpaste trick a while back. It lasted for days. I've never personally tried it, but some people swear by it.

It is a mild abrasive, you know. I have also been advised that rim polish works well.

But please don't take my word for it. I wouldn't want you to ruin a disk because of something I referred you to that I've never tried.

6. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Eh...it's cool, I am just going to try it on something that I can just get again, and put a couple of nicks on it to see what happens.

Can you locate the thread?

7. sadsac

sadsac Guest

8. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Cool!

Thanks! :)

9. neltec

neltec Member

But the Second DVD it plays the movie perfectly, The problem has to be in the software, I need a Software that it can violate the security in the DVD. The problem is in one File, All files can be decrypted but one cannot, and that file got to be the protection.

I have install AnyDVD, I have try DVD Decrypter, DVDShrink & CloneDVD2...

All programs it tells me the: Cyclic Redundancy Error in that File... I need a Powerful Software to copy that protected file.

10. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Damn! What is your computer trying to do to those poor dvds?

LOL!

Still looking into your issue with this, cause it is strange that it isn't working even with AnyDVD and Decrypter.

;)

11. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

Yes TOOTHPASTE WORKS GREAT! Although I would not try it on a DVD R disc only an actual DVD movie disc. I think it would mess up the die on a DVD R disc but I know for a fact it works on regular CDs and DVDs

12. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

As sadsac suggested:
    Your problem is the disc. There isn't a copy protection used that AnyDVD or DVD Decrypter hasn't broken.

13. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

You got that right!

14. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

If you're getting a CRC error there is something wrong with the data on the disc or the disc itself. Try Sadsac's recommendation.
    If it were due to the protection you would receive a different error.
    You can try Decrypter in Brute Force or have it skip the bad file. If you have 2 drives try the other one. I will sometimes receive this error on 1 drive but not the other.

15. neltec

neltec Member

Ok, I have rented this DVD (Twice) in 2 diferent Video Club, and got the same error...

It's that a Coincidence? in the same file. 2_4.VOB

Uhmmm, that's very strange thing, Another issue is that the movie plays perfectly on the DVD...

16. squizzle

squizzle Active member

if you do the toothpaste trick, just don't use toothpaste that has baking soda in it. That'll probably scratch the hell out of the disc, which is the opposite of what you're going for.

17. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Try and do a google for the crc error or search the boards for any other ways around it. I think there is some freeware out there to check DVD's for this and try and repair it. I've have never tried them. Might be worth a shot. I usually find a way around it: different drive, software or cleaning the disc with a soft cloth (lens cleaner). I use the same software as you except for Clone - I use Nero which has several ways to copy a movie.
    Discs that I have received this error on also play fine it's only when I try and copy do I receive that error.
    The problem could be very small that you might not see it.
    I've always been curious why they play perfectly on a stand alone but receive the CRC when copying. Maybe I'll do a search and see what I can find.

18. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I think they play fine but don't rip fine because when ripping it is trying to get every bit off the disc but when it's playing as long as it's not enough corruption to throw the player off it keeps going. I THINK are the key words here.

19. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

I agree. Players are inheirently less sensitive than computer DVD reader/writers to scratches, pressing errors, etc.

20. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Maybe you should try asking if anyone else has decrypted disk 2 of Cleopatra.

I mean, post a thread asking the specific question. I know this may be telling you to double post, but you'll probably be more apt to get a specific answer if you ask a specific question. Try asking "has anyone decrypted disk 2 of Cleopatra" instead of "cannot decrypt dvd".

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2005