1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Detect DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tater9104, Mar 10, 2005.

1. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

Okay, I am not sure what the source of my problem is, but here goes...

I am currently backing up a DBZ disk on my computer. I have had no problems with any of the other disks of the series, but for some reason every time I stick this DVD in the computer, my computer does not even recognize it as being there. My drive E, which usually is labled DVD/CD Recorder, changes its subtext to CD only. When opened, nothing is there. The Shrink does not recognize it either, nor does any of my burners/players. What is happening?

1. is this a form of copy protection
    2. am I missing a codec (i just recently reinstalled my OS)

Any suggestions???

2. fkock

fkock Regular member

1. Maybe but I dont think so....

Have you updated the drivers for the DVD-Rom?

3. que01

que01 Member

see if xp can reinstall your driver if not then your burner might have burned out.

4. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

This is the original burner that came with my computer, how do I update the drivers? Would I try to go to HP? I know that the burner is not burned out b/c I can burn and am currently burning other movies.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If you did every other disk fine then the problem is probably that last disk you are trying to do. It is either scratched or dirty. You may not even be able to see the imperfection.. You could try clening it really good or getting anothe copy of the same movie just take it back to where you got it and tell them it doesnt play and you want an exchange..

6. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

stupid question but have you tried a reboot with the disc in the drive, every now and then my puter goes ape and wont recongise dvd's and shrink keeps saying 'reached end of file'. A reboot fixes it

7. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

I have tried to reboot and all that jazz, but I wonder if it has something to do with teh DVD format or something. They are anime DVD's, thus they are probably not created by mainstream producers, but I really don't know. Anyone have any thoughts on this?