1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot find part of a dvd

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by jwhitt12, May 2, 2014.

1. jwhitt12

jwhitt12 Member

I have a dvd that has two choices to play when it starts. This is a tai chi exercise disk. What I would like to do is to get rid of all the blather and concentrate on the exercises themselves. I can get to the first section but not the second. I have examined all the vob files but can only find the last part of what I want (last 5 minutes - the whole section is something like 25 minutes). The vob files are 01, 02, 03, 04. 04 holds the last part of what I want. 03 holds the end of what I can find (about 6 minutes) and then about 20 minutes of black screen (I suspect its in that black screen but am, basically, clueless).

I am, obviously, waay past what I think I know and thought I would post this question (howto) in the hope somebody can tell me what I am missing. I have nero 12 where I moved each vob file in and examined it but cannot find what I am looking for even though I can actually play the disk and everything is there.

Thank you..........

2. attar

attar Senior member

Hard to say what the problem is offhand.
    Do you know if the disk is encrypted?
    Is it a commercial disk?

Maybe start by downloading DVD Shrink and running it.
    On the top menu, click 'Open Disc'.
    Insert the DVD and see if it can load the files.
    If it loads the files, on the top menu, click 'Re-author'.

On the right side of the screen does it list one Title, I.E. 'Title 1'
    If so, drag the title from right to left pane.
    Highlight and right click on title 1 (now in the left pane) and select 'Set Start/End Frames..'.
    Scroll through the movie see if all the scenes are there.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?d=DVDShrink32_w_ImgBurn.rar

3. jwhitt12

jwhitt12 Member

Again, thanks for the reply.

I did as you suggested and everything was there and I have got what I want. You saved me!! (thanks again)