1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Get Any Backups To Work

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by poueydp, Feb 10, 2007.

1. poueydp

poueydp Member

I'm very frustrated. I've made backups of 4 of my games using the method shown in every tutorial. I verify my images with the xbox backup creator program. The images are perfect. I have gone through over 10 DVD DL's now. I've used 5 verbatim, and numerous ridata.

I have a hitachi drive flashed with opa's 2.3 firmware. I use a NEC3500 Dvd burner, and I've tried 4 firmwares for that. I set the bitsetting to DVD-ROM. I've changed the number thing or whatever to 1379273 or whatever it is, I'm on my laptop I don't remember offhand.

I've used clonecd, imgburn, dvd decrypter, and the xboxbackup creator to burn the discs.

When I put the burned games in my drive, the drive tries to read and then emits a high pitched whine. It does play my original games fine tough.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Please help!

2. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

sounds like your drive may not be flashed right, you may want to reflash it

3. poueydp

poueydp Member

It's flashed right, regular games work fine. I've also flashed it with different firmware, but i put it back to the opa 2.3. I did change it back to original before I did that. I've read everything, I'm usually so good at this...

4. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

What do you mean by "1378273"?Is it the layer-break?If so,i think the right one should be as 1913760 and not 1378273.Because me too i've done quite a lot of reading and i've never come across such figure(now i can be wrong and excuse me for that),it has always been 1913760.Now i don't know if it's because of this that yoou're getting coasters but you can give it a try.

keep us informed.

Vincent.

5. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Did you make the backups with the Hitachi drive? If so, that's why they won't work.

6. poueydp

poueydp Member

I used the right layer break number. I just couldn't remember what it was offhand so I wrote that number. I didn't have 1913760 here offhand. I followed the guides exactly for making backups...I am positive they are working correctly. I checked them with xbox backup creator and everything checks out that it should be working.

so Frustrated!

7. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

ok what speed are you burning at?

8. poueydp

poueydp Member

I'm burning at 2.4x.

9. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

hmm, thats definitely strange, i havent had that problem, what drive are you using to make the backups?

10. poueydp

poueydp Member

Using the kreon method.

11. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

update the firmware on that, and then make sure its stealth patched or whatever has to be done for a hitachi drive

12. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I've seen games burn at 2.4x that work on a samsung and not a hitachi. Burn a game at 4x and see if it boots.