1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot get any p2p programs to work

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by naihasu, Jan 22, 2007.

1. naihasu

naihasu Member

Alright, yes i did read the stickied posts. I have forwarded ports properly to my knowledge.

so I'm using:
    Newly Built Computer
    Linksys WRT54G version6 router
    a bridged network
    Siemens Speedstream 4200 adsl router
    Azureus/Utorrent (up to date)
    Windows XP pro (patched tcp.sys)
    Windows Firewall(usually disabled)
    (if i leave out any needed information, please dont call me a noob, just inform me of it :\ )

ive followed the guides on portforward.com read a few of these posts, as well as on other forums and have managed to finally get the clients to recognize peers however most will not download. one anime torrent does however connect on occasion and downloads at around 70kb.

In utorrent, i have the yellow triangle exclamation
    In azureus i have over a million peers but still red dot says firewalled.
    i can take screenshots if helpful. thank you for any help in advance

*edit*
    i have setup a static ip as well through the router and routers firmware is up to date.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  2. joe777

joe777 Member

Have you also forwarded the ports on your modem? And remember the IP that the ports are associated with on your router is different from the IP thats used in the modem. For example: in your router you will forward ports to 192.168.1.101 or something similar. But in your modem you will probably forward ports to 10.0.0.150 which of course is the IP of your Linksys router. Hopes this makes sense and is of use to you matey. I'm thinking that your modem also has a router built in. In which case you have to forward the ports twice. Good luck.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007