1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot get any sound out of either sound cards!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by dye4metal, Jul 15, 2012.

1. dye4metal

dye4metal Member

I have a windows 7 platform with a realtek 97 built in to the motherboard (AMD X2) and ive played around with the sound settings and tried re configuring multiple times so ive given up on the built in thinking it done. I bought a Creative Live CT4760 sound card and have now tried all sorts of creative drivers and I cannot get this thing to work now. Device manager keeps telling me that the device is not digitally signed and I cannot even get it to come up under sound devices in the control panel. Thanks for the help

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  3. dye4metal

dye4metal Member

Well if that card will not work then the built in Realtek AC97 should work fine with windows 7 correct? In the sound settings the realtek is there and the volume bar is pulsing and everything is showing it working properly but there is zero sound out of any of the audio jacks even when i turn the mic into a subwoofer out.

4. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

You have the subwoofer connected to the mic jack? Are you using amplified speakers that are connected to your audio out?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what is the make & model# of the computer or motherboard? might have blown the power transistor for the onboard sound as seen that happen a few times.