1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot get DVD-R to autostart in PC much less DVD player

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by unodos3, Nov 18, 2002.

1. unodos3

unodos3 Member

What does work . . .
    -I can rip the DVD using SmartRipper
    (this is a disc where all files fall well under 4 GB)
    -Just to be totally safe, I'll delete all the non-VOB files and recreate them in Ifoedit.
    -I can then DVD PLAY the file just fine in IFOEdit
    -All files will be in a VIDEO_TS directory
    -I can burn the directory and files to a DVD-R (on either a Pioneer DVD-RW 104 or a Pacific Digital DVD-RAM/DVD-R--on different machines).

THE PROBLEM:
    Once I have a completed disc, I can put it back into a DVD-ROM drive (or either of the drives mentioned above) and I get a disc that shows a root directory of VIDEO_TS and with all the relevant files within it. But the disc will not open up and play like a DVD. The other problem is . . . sometimes they DO play.

I've tried cheap discs, expensive discs . . . doesn't matter . . . the vast majority of times, I still get a DVD-R that has the files but won't play.

I've read the "guides" and I'm clearly missing something . . . probably something obvious. Can anyone point out to me what it is?

Thanks . . .

2. mike4692

mike4692 Member

an empty AUDIO_TS folder ;0)

3. Physiks

Physiks Guest

Open WinDVD and click on playlist and load all the files and click add. It shall play then