1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot get nero to identify my dvd burner!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jaysinnd, Nov 7, 2004.

1. jaysinnd

jaysinnd Member

ok, first off, im not a newbie at this, its just been a long time since i backed up a ps2 game with nero. since then i have had to reformat my HD a couple of times. now i have gotten all my software back on my pc and when i went to make sure nero was working properly, the wizard comes up and says i can only make CDs??? will not even give me the option of making dvds, or anything else. and when i go into the options, it will not let me select my Sony 510a dvd burner? I know im just missing something little here, any help or reminders would be great. would it have to do with the ASPI layer?? i cannot remember if i changed that when i first started backing up ps2 games?? thnks for any help.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

are you using the latest version of nero, have you tried updating it?

3. jaysinnd

jaysinnd Member

im using the one that i used last year?? im pretty sure that it is 5.5 ?? i had absolutely no problems with it last year whatsoever. now i cant get it to let me select my sony dvd burner as my drive. and im pretty sure that my years worth of updates is up already?? i just dont understand why it wont work. i just reformatted my harddrive, and everything is fresh. i wouldnt think i would have this problem.

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

What model Sony Recorder do you have?

Did you try updated to the last release of Nero 5.5.10.56 from the Nero website?

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

would recomend you try what craig from ahead software said and update to 5.5.10.56 and hope that solves your problem