1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot load windows???????

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by cphicks, Jan 11, 2007.

1. cphicks

cphicks Regular member

hi everyone well heres how it goes, i have two hard drives, which im formatting. now i have put windows xp in the drive to load it up and what happens next is this, it reads the pc's contents and then brings up a message saying " there are no hard drives installed " but i have too hard drives there,would it be better for me to disconnect one drive?? i have one drive as a game drive which is my c drive, its the other one that dont load the windows disk, a message comes up saying there are no drives installed?? please can someone help thanks chris

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum. are the hard drives ide or sata because if sata than might need to install sata driver when xp says press f6 for 3rd party drivers?

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

SATA drives, at least SATA 2 drives, don't need to have the 3rd party drivers installed for the setup to recognize them.

I would get into the BIOS and see if the drives are recognized there. If not, something is wrong in the way they are set up, or you might have to through the old fdisk method of creating partitions, but I can't see this being the case.