1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot open d2v file unsupported more info/my solution

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by MarkRy, Feb 15, 2003.

1. MarkRy

MarkRy Member

Just for the record....

I had the same problem trying to open an old d2v file - the reason was I had renamed the folder in which it was located (same if you have moved it).

I resolved the problem by restarting DVD2AVI and saving a similar project as file2 in the same directory as the file I could not open. I only ran DVD2AVI for a few seconds so it created a new d2v file. I then edited the second and third line of my original d2v file (in command prompt/edit) so it matched the new dv2 file. Clear as mud eh.

Basically line 2 and 3 of the d2v file contain a number and a path which need to match where the vobs are held. The path is easy to change but I needed to create a new d2v file to get the number.

Hope this helps somebody - its easier than it sounds. Probably theres an easier way but I havent found it yet.

2. Deznaj

Deznaj Regular member

I had the same problem once. When I rip to a directory, use DVDtoAVi and then change the name of the directory it won't open anymore. Now I just don't change directory's...;-)

I will try your solution...thanks!