1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot pass intro sequences using AR/FLIPTOP method

Discussion in 'PS2' started by noodlehed, Oct 3, 2003.

1. noodlehed

noodlehed Member

I am having a tough time getting any backups to work...I have a v4 ps2 using no modchip/AR/fliptop method to boot...The game runs fine for the intro sequences (videos) but after that the games don't load (no gameplay)...using alcohol 120% @ 4x to burn the ps2 cdr backups but the only thing I have gotten to work is a backup of AR2V2 :) some good that is...any ideas of what I could be missing? don't think I need any loaders to run the games...I have tried cabela's deer hunt 4, state of emergency and nba jam thus far, all just play intros and stop (cd keeps spinning though...) any ideas? any other methods I could try? I have tried both branded and unbranded media with nero, alcohol and cdrwin, and tried upgrading cdrw firmware as well, still nothing but the worlds largest coaster collection...thanks in advance all.

2. Edmundo22

Edmundo22 Guest

yeah try the latest cdloader , dl it at ps2ownz.com.

3. noodlehed

noodlehed Member

I tried cdloader, exact same result...seems that I can get through the intro sequences, and with some games to the menu system, but am unable to start any gameplay (CD keeps spinning, but screen freezes)...any other ideas?

Working: Action Replay 2v2 backup
    Sega Master System Emulator

Not Working: Cabela's Deer Hunt
    State of Emergency
    NBA Jam

4. noodlehed

noodlehed Member

anybody have ANY clue or idea??? don't make me defect to that other console, please :) I have tried everything I can think of