1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot play burned games with mod chip disabled

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Beno420, May 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

i was thinking, the bit in the middle you removed on the game, was it the hole in the disc you took out?

2. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

I think the bit in the middle was the part that let's you play the copied game with the modchip turned off. Turns out he's pretty intelligent afterall.

3. Beno420

Beno420 Regular member

ok, look at the xbox game. If you turn over the game, u will see the xbox foil. its the part of it right next to where the data starts. That is the code. i had a live disc lying around and used that. i did glue the code to a dvd-r. worked fine. dont mean to be an bumhole, just hate punks.

Last edited: May 20, 2004
  4. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

lmao...good thinkin there chet. too bad your are full of poo. tell me why...oh why..would microsoft make it so easy to copy and paste this so called code on any cd you want...haha i am usually nice to people and try to help them...but you...your just stupid

5. Beno420

Beno420 Regular member

it works

6. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

Beno420, you know where liars go don't you? Don't make me biotch slap you...trust me this idea was thought of long ago, and tried...not to mention if you use a little common sense...why would microsoft make it so easy to access their code. The holograph is just a decoration. The code signing is in the data of the game. These boards are getting more and more lame by the min. Please stop wasting mine, and everyone else's time around here. This board is here to help you along your way in Xbox modding, if you lie and act like a 2 y/o then this help will not be available to you anymore.

7. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

its true that the black bit of the disc(the inside of the disc) contains the media check code, but thats only half of what you have o do, you also need to find some way to re-apply the macrovision which at the moment is imposible.

8. NoHelp

NoHelp Member

Next thing you know, someone will expect some real help from this forum.

Since English is not my native language, I may not understand what a "forum" is. I actually looked up the word and it seems to mean "a place for open discussion". There is no open discussion here.

Everyone wants to ridicule the people who need the most help. "Read this or that" or "You are an idiot" is all most want to say. Why is it so necessary for a person to read for hours to find an answer when you could take 2 minutes to give them the answer? Why are many of the most knowledgable also the least helpful? Your ridiculing remarks waste much more time and space than any of these questions you deem unworthy.

I gather from the comments that many participants are from the USA and the United Kingdom. When did you become so mean-spirited, so unwilling to help those in need? What image do you wish to project to others? Where is the sense of decorum? Is there not enough hostility in this world? I have seen too much in my experiences. It costs you nothing to be polite to another human.

I will post no more under this thread.

9. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

NoHelp: the reason there are alot of posts that tell people to visit a link and read something is in fact because it will be more helpful than if it was typed out on this board. If a link is supplied, it may give detailed instructions with included pictures.

I would also like to add that if I can help someone, then I do. It is when people like Beno420 come to this board and lie about things trying to "be cool" or whatever. Everyone on this board who knows about modding can tell Beno420 is not really looking for help. He asked a question that had about as much worth as if someone had asked how to make toast with a toaster...

NoHelp, this is only your second post...in both posts you have made comments about "our country" and all...and in your first post you talk about being rude. Is it not rude to flame a person's country.
    Here is a quote from your first post "that's all some want to do... offer no help, but complain n flame" hmm both of your posts have been complaints...go figure...plus with your massive two posts I feel all of your help will be missed since you are no longer posting here...

10. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Listen NoHelp...take your politically, liberal views to another forum...this forum is for learning to experiment for the Xbox. Unlike your little wishful Utopia world that you live in, the forums are meant to be a tool. If things have already been asked over and over and over again then I can see why our best members are upset. This has nothing to do with not being nice, it has to do with self sufficiency. Also, don't rip on the the United States or United Kingdom. I don't know what country you are from, but more than likely you wouldn't have it if it weren't for those two countries. I must personally thank God that members like you aren't the majority on this site. And by not posting again you are just a martyr. See the definition of martyr NoHelp:

One who makes a great show of suffering in order to arouse sympathy.

No one sympathizes with you or Beno. Nuff said.

11. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

ok this stupid shit has gone on long enough, i hate when someone makes a thread looking for help (however silly the question may be) and everyone just turns it inot a "pissing match".

*CLOSED*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.