1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot playback DVD to TV in colour

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by DebbieBuk, Jan 1, 2005.

1. DebbieBuk

DebbieBuk Member

Can anyone suggest what to try to resolve problem. I cannot playback ext. pc-DVD to Tv in colour. I can only get black & white. I have s-video to RCA on the TV, and stereo plug on the sound card to RCA on the TV. I get the DVD playing, but only black & white. Suggestions please?

2. termont

termont Member

I am having the same problem! The main problem is with burning VOB's or .IMG files! All previews during conversion are in colour. The burn goes well but subsequent playback on my stand-alone results in a b&w picture! The same disc will play fine in the computer as will any backup files (as in DVDShrink).I have tried various programs all with the same result. Any .avi converted files will work fine! I suspect a problem with a missing codec to satisfy the stand-alone but not too sure! If I perform a disc-copy, then NP! Just happens with some acquired VOB's/.IMG's! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

3. colw

colw Active member

Some remotes have a NTSC/Pal Button. If the wrong one is selected you will get b/w playback.

Try pressing this button and see what happens.