1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot read disc message

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by lushiex, Jan 15, 2007.

1. lushiex

lushiex Member

hi i got a 360 for crimo and had firmware put on it and have got 15 games with no prob but for some reason fifa 07 and call of duty 3 dont want to play on it.what happens is on fifa it loads up to the tunnel and goes to play game then the grey xbox box comes up saying cannot read disc please restart console and clean disc?basically same happens with duty 3 and it cuts out in the movie scenes.i dont do my own games as seems a bit to technical for me so i have a few contacts who do them and the same happens on these games,ive tried several on diff discs.all my other games on exactly the same discs work no probs.i am currently waiting on a verbatim copy as told there the best but dont understand why others on same disc would work and just not those 2.if anyone could help etc that would be great........why is it the game you really wanna play is the game that wont work lol ....computer says no! lol

2. Greg

Greg Member

that happened to me with Lost Planet. like a screen opened and said, UNABLE TO READ DISC and went straight to the dashboard.

3. SProdigy

SProdigy Regular member

I had this same problem with Smackdown vs. Raw. I can get the game all the way to the start screen and then it locks up after trying to load for several minutes. I have a few games that just flat out did not work when burned. The first time I powered on my 360 after the flash, most of the games would not read (same unreadable error - disc dirty or shutdown), so I popped in an original disc, and then all of my backups worked successfully... except Smackdown vs. Raw.

A few suggestions from the Xbox Scene forum were to use different media (everyone is recommending Verbatim, although my other media works for ALL of my other games) and someone else recommended to rip the disc back to your PC using CloneCd, and check the log for sector errors (this would indicate a bad burn.)