1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot remove trojan.win32 adwareremover

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by JSTER, Jan 7, 2008.

1. JSTER

JSTER Member

I have a B130 Dell Notebook that I am very cautious about opening things in. I have spyzooka, spywaredoctor and trendmicro internet security 14. My spyzooka found a trojan.win32 adwaremover and this is what I did to attempt to remove it:

This is what he attempted to do first to alleviate the trojan:

shut off system restore
    went into safe mode
    ran the scan from spyzooka to delete the trojan
    rebooted
    put system restore back on
    ran the scan again
    it came up again
    We went on line and found a product called Spyhunter 3 that claimed to be able to remove this particular trojan and purchased it. That did not work.

Can you please help.
    Thank you,
    JSTER

2. Zenon003

Zenon003 Guest

I bet that Spyzooka is the only program showing this. I have had the same problem. I have narrowed it down to Spyzooka itself. There is no trace of Trojan Win32 AdwareRemover on my system. When I do a scan with Spyzooka it keeps coming up and when I tell spyzooka to delete it, all my startup processes turn off. They won't start back up. I done a system restore and got all my processes working again. I have ran other anti spyware programs and none of them have found anything. I think that Spyzooka is mistaking a genuine program for spyware. It is a false positive. I hope others on here will give their input as Spyzooka has done something like this before, it has only starting happening to me today. If there was Trojan Win32 AdwareRemover it would show up in add remove programs as it is meant to be a hackers tool, If you run a scan with Spybot or another antispyware program it will show you have nothing on your system. It is a false positive.

3. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  4. Zenon003

Zenon003 Guest

Would JSTER mind if I put the Hijack this log report on this forum as it is his forum, I don't want to take over his forum if he minds. I done a scan with Hijack this last night. If you don't mind JSTER I will put it up.

5. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

Zenon003,
    Please, start a new thread. Subject title, Help with HJK log. Post your log there.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008