1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot render file problem

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by brillanze, Dec 9, 2007.

1. brillanze

brillanze Member

Hi!

I'd downloaded a file(.avi). When i play de file (I tried all of the video programs) the error message: connot render file pop up. I've searched the internet and I can't find someone who actually explains what to do, only what the problem can be. Some have told that the file is encoded with a format that my video player support. I'd installed K-Lite Codec Pack(and some more).
    So i wounder if some of you "experts" can help me with this problem?

Thanks,
    brillianze

2. philraz

philraz Regular member

use gspot to analize the file it will tell you which codec is required

VLC player is good if the avi is corrupt

and there is always a chance that you downloaded a fake

3. brillanze

brillanze Member

Yes, thanks I know. But i would like a guide or someting because i'm not good with this and it seems like many other has the same problem.

You say that VLC player is good if the avi is corrupt? That means that the files are fake ? It's a season of a tv show, and 5-6 of the episode work, but not the rest ?

4. philraz

philraz Regular member

corrupt means that the avi is damaged not a fake

the full Klite pack should have included gspot start it fom the klite group in programs and point it to your avi file that wont play it will tell you what codec is required and if it is installed

5. brillanze

brillanze Member

The problem was that i that file wouldn't open in gspot. But i fixed til problem, or it fixed it self. The download was not finished therefor i got the render problem! :)

Thanks anyways :eek:)