1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot uncompress Audio from XVID source suing VirtualDub.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Godzestla, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Godzestla

Godzestla Member

Hi,

it's the first time i try to convert a XVID source to VCD, using as usual VirtualDub to uncompress the Audio, Tmpgenc for coding and Vcdeasy to burn.

I've downloaded the latest XVID codec, and this codec is recognized inside VirtualDub but when i launch the process in VirtualDub to save the uncompress avi, i got a crash window into VirtualDub telling me something like "VirtualDub program has crashed. Pentium Pro instruction not supported by your hardware". My processor is an old P1 233 MMX. Does i really mean that i can't do this conversion or do i miss something ?

Thanks for your help._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Godz[/small]

2. willows

willows Member

i got a similar error, turns out the audio codec is a codec called ac3. use a program called gspot to verify this....
    virtualdub isnt compatable with ac3 audio (hence the error), so you need to decompress the audio using the avi audio decompressor that comes with avi2vcd. then use aviwav35 to convert the audio from the file into a wav file. all you need to do now is make a dub in virualdub using your original video file and your now compatable .wav audio. hope this helps :p