1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CANNOT UPDATE FIRMWARE

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by lewischar, Feb 9, 2007.

1. lewischar

lewischar Member

I bought a jap 1000 1.50 firware psp and i updated to hacked 2.00 version so I could play my isos from mem stick. Now I'm trying to update to the official 3.03 firmware to hack it to 3.03 oe-c but it is not letting me. I've posted pictures of the screen shots i get when trying to update (they are a bit blurry). The yellow one is when i click on to update, thats all i can see. I can press x and o and they seem to do stuff but i can't see what they are doing (like as if there are menus that you can't see) and the blue screen is wot i see when i press x. Any ideas?

2. lewischar

lewischar Member

DO you think i'd have to downgrade back to 1.50 then try it? I was going to do that using mphdowngrader but my anti virus stopped the overflow.tif file and had it named as trojan.pspbrick so that worried me and I never bothered.

3. hodgins91

hodgins91 Regular member

you will need to downgrade to 1.5, upgrade to 2.71 and then downgrade if you got the right motherboard, then upgrade to 3.03OE-C and for reference you dont upgrade with the official update then hack

4. lewischar

lewischar Member

How would I downgrade back to 1.50, what would i need and can you tell me how to find it? My mate got his to a 3.03 oe-c by officially updating it to 3.03 first then doing it. Did you look at my screenshots and do you know what I'm talking about? cheers.

5. lewischar

lewischar Member

Another thing, how do i check if i have the correct motherboard on it?

6. hodgins91

hodgins91 Regular member

heres how to check the motherboard
    [​IMG]

if you have the right motherboard

download the 2.71 update

make a folder in PSP/GAME called UPDATE (must be in CAPS)

update to 2.71

then use the 2.71 downgrader full to 1.5 then use this easy installer (thanks HEX) to 3.03OE-C

7. lewischar

lewischar Member

There's nothing at all when I open my UMD drive. just the part of the mother board. No text on it.What motherboard types would I be looking for to be ablt to do that? Incase I have to open my psp up and have a look.

8. hodgins91

hodgins91 Regular member

well if its version 1000 i doubt it would have the new motherboards you probably got a TA-079

9. lewischar

lewischar Member

So i cant do it then? I'd have to get another psp?

10. paul91

paul91 Regular member

no actually i think you have the right motherboard to do the downgrade but dont quote me on it (i dont think the downgrader works with a TA-082 mobo)

11. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Where did you get the MPH downgrader from? Going up to 2.71 is pure nonsense when you are on 2.00 because the 2.00 to 1.50 downgrade is the easiest so far. This version here should be clean.

12. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

It is also the safest downgrader too.

13. lewischar

lewischar Member

It's cool. Got it working. I had to use wab version changer to put it back down to 1.50 then update to 3.03 oe-c. I am a bit of a dumbass for not actually figuring that out sooner but cheers for your help guys. It's working a treat now.