1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot watch videos after burning

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jhouston, Jul 11, 2007.

1. jhouston

jhouston Member

I was trying to burn a data disc with Nero of several episodes of the Simpsons that I found on TorrentSpy. The videos work perfectly on my hard drive, but for some reason once I burn them to a disc, I cannot get Windows to read them from the disc. I am using Sony DVD+R discs and Nero SmartStart version 6.6.0.12. I've done this a hundred times before and never had any problems. Does anyone have any idea what's happening or how to fix it?

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Have you downloaded a Trojen or Virus? Would not be suprised.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

is the disk being recognized by Windows and can't open the files up? or are you trying to use a program and play the files? what Nero program did you use to burn the disk?

4. jhouston

jhouston Member

It's not a virus. I ran Norton 2007 and it found nothing. Windows is recognizing the disc, but not able to open the files on it. When I click on them, it just freezes up Windows. I'm not able to open them on my DivX DVD player either.

5. jhouston

jhouston Member

It's not a virus. I ran Norton 2007 and it found nothing. Windows is recognizing the disc, but not able to open the files on it. When I click on them, it just freezes up Windows. I'm not able to open them on my DivX DVD player either.

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Have you tried a straight drag and drop in My Computer, and then letting Windows burn the disk?

7. jhouston

jhouston Member

I haven't tried that. I didn't think Windows worked with DVD+R, only CDs. If it will, I'll try it.

8. Bubba4u

Bubba4u Guest

Could be a video codec problem. What program played them from the hrd drive. The program playing them from disk might not be accessing the same set of codecs and just hangs.