1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon PowerShot SD900

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by roger3125, Mar 25, 2007.

1. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Just received mine today and from what I read it is awesome but also has capabilities over my head. Anyone have the same that would like to have a buddy to share the excitement of using this beauty?

Thank you. I look forward to her from someone

Roger

2. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

From the number of replies I've received it looks like I may be the only owner of the Canon SD900. Let me rephrase he question. Would ANYONE with ANY Canon digital like to discuss the wonders of their Canon camera. I understand all Canon digial cameras work in a similar manner.

Don't be shy now

3. afrouz

afrouz Member

Hey there

I am so amazed with this camera too...It is really working as a professional camera for me...Someone stole my first SD900 so I got another one...Can't wait to start taking amazing pics...I will have lot to discuss soon :D

4. afrouz

afrouz Member

This SD900 is different from other SD or S models..believe me

5. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Ahhhh so good to hear from another Canon SD900 fan. I still use my SONY DSC-W5 but this Canon does dances around the SONY. I too am looking forward to learning all taht it can do. Question for you.

If I use my digitalk camera primarily for 3x5 prints, saving to the PC, PhotoShows an the like I really don't need a 10 megapixel camera do I? If I'm wrong I'd like to know as I want to know all the reasons why I love the Canon.

Also if I use the condessed format to take small video with the damara can I laer make them larger o use to make a photo? O is it shoot in compact show in compac only?

One last question. Whtas the difference between MOV. and AVI format?
    SONY has MOV for motion an Canon has AVI for same

Looking forward to hearing from you