1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canopus ADVC 300 - Can it defeat Macrovision on VHS tapes?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by sbuel, Apr 26, 2005.

1. sbuel

sbuel Member

Hello all!

I am considering purchasing the Canopus ADVC 300 to transfer and/or convert bunches of store bought copyprotected Macrovision VHS tapes that have never been released on DVD. However, after hours of searching I am still unclear as to wether or not the ADVC 300 can defeat Macorvision protected VHS tapes. I've seen a "trick" posted here at afterdawn for the ADVC 100, but not sure if it works with the ADVC 300 as well.

If it won't automatically defeat Macrovision, can anybody give me any "tricks", tips, suggestions and links for a piece of hardware or software to use in conjunction with the ADVC 300 to defeat the Macrovision?

BTW, at others' suggestions on afterdawn, I've checked the Canopus forums, and they've seemed to have had a backlash against sharing this kind of information. :(

Anyway, if anybody can please offer and help I'd be deeply grateful.

Thanks!
    Scott

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

I have the ADVC-110, and it simply ignores macrovision.

3. sbuel

sbuel Member

Thanks for the reply, redbootjim. Do you think it is cool to assume that this "feature" has carried over to the ADVC 300?

Thanks,
    Scott

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

5. mjsbone

mjsbone Member

I was doing a search for a hack, and I came across this. RebootJim, I just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly. I can go to the store, buy the ADVC 110 and bring it home, and it will beat the MacroVision straight from the box? No hack needed? I'm getting ready to recommend this machine to someone, and I've gotten conflicting answers on whether or not the machine actually does remove it.

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

From what Users of the ADVC-300 that I know say the Same Trick you use with the ADVC-100 and ADVC-110 works on the ADVC-300 so you shouldn"t have any Problems.....

Cheers