1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canopus hardware

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Xpressor, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Xpressor

Xpressor Regular member

ive read all over the forum about the canopus 100 dv box. im pretty convinced to purchase one. i went to their site to do more research. there is also a "interal capture" card for expansion slots do both of these work the same, difference in quality.seems like more people lean towards the 100 box.suggestions and ideas needed. thanx again

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes there is a Internal Card called the "Canopus ACEDVio" which does basicly everything the ADVC-100 does and I have seen them for as Low as $169 on E-Bay, I personally would get this Card over the ADVC-100 just because I hate external devices and with the ACEDVio you can use it as a Regular Firewire Card also but with the ADVC-100 you have to buy a seperate Firewire card to hook it up you your System and it can not use the Texas Instruments Chipset...They Both use the same DV Encoder chip and Both have the Audio Locking Feature so there are no sync Problems so there is not much differance between then 2 devices in terms of Capture Quality and Features accept one is Internal and one is External and since the ACEDVio is Cheaper it For me is the One I prefer..I will eventually buy one as it will be my next capture device ,I have been spending all my Money lately on Computer Upgrades but I will get it soon....Cheers

3. Xpressor

Xpressor Regular member

Minion thanx for the info on the acedv.cap card..
    i think it probably would be better internally since i would need a card to plug into pricegrabber here i come.........=)