1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canopus ProCoder help?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by clickclak, Mar 28, 2005.

1. clickclak

clickclak Guest

Hi all...

Somebody told me about a whopper of an encoder called Canopus ProCoder, and someone also told me it was like top-of-the-line .. well, I managed to get my hands on it, and was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to figuring out exactly how to use it in conjunction with all the other usual DVD ripping tools..

Also, is this better than CCE?
    Faster than CCE?
    Higher quality than CCE?

All questions i'm interested in.. any knowledge is appreciated :]

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i have used canopus procoder v2 i still have it but dont use it! i wasnt impressed with the quality, but that may of been me as there are tons of settings to get your head round so i left it default for testing it seemed to take tooooooo long and other apps out there were quicker!

now if you know the settings you may be on a winner? but dont hold me to this as i dont know!

basically i use stuff like divxtodvd a free app for avi to vob/bup/ifo its fast fast fast and good quailty on mpeg4 avi!

thay do say its a good coder? but i would say CCE is the big daddy! although i dont use that much really either...

i have done in the past

i suppose it depends on what you want out of life???

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

All my information about ProCoder is second hand but from knowledgable sources.

1. It's much slower.

2. For some sources (interlaced and very low bitrate) many people find it superior. Some even say it's better in all cases but the general consensus seems to be that for most progressive video CCE does at least a slightly better job.