1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't access free online pc scanners

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by bobwheel2, Apr 17, 2007.

1. bobwheel2

bobwheel2 Member

Hello I have recently installed windows vista elite on my pc. It has worked fine these past several months, then one day I decided to try trends free online scanner to see if my pc was free from viruses even though I had avast installed aswell as having the new windows defender + windows firewall. When I ran the scanner it seemed to stop working, not really bothering I tried panda - this too would not scan till eventually I tried just about every free online scanner - all with the same results. I know I must have some kid of virus running on my computer - can anyone advise me what to do to resolve the problem. The computer seems to be running okay - but really I'm sceptical to use the computer to purchase anything incase whatever is there compromisies my bank details. Any help will be most appreciated.

2. Fredil

Fredil Regular member

I'm not certain, as I don't use Vista, but often, scans that work with XP might not work on another OS.