1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't access recovery mode only green light

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by pete3572, Nov 30, 2011.

1. pete3572

pete3572 Member

Hi,when i power my psp up only the green light comes on, nothing else happens
    no display or sound, tried removing battery and using charger only,Think i bricked it trying to instal cfw.
    Psp 1003 with version 6.60 on it, just ordered a pandora battery,but do i need a "magic memory stick" if so what is different about these sticks compaired to a new sony magicgate.
    thanks

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

You cannot access recovery menue because official firmware has nothing like that. And yes, you do need a magic memory stick, just google for magic memory stick maker, you can use any Memory stick pro duo (or anything in the shape of a pro duo, I used a microSD card with a photofast addapter) and turn it into a magic memory stick. It's just software-sided. The Pandora battery puts your PSP into recovery mode and the magic memory stick contains the software needed.

3. pete3572

pete3572 Member

Thanks for that i'll give it a go.

4. tahoorasf

tahoorasf Member

i have the same problem and i am not access Pandora battery please help me too

5. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Either buy a pandora battery (for example at www.dealextreme.com or any other China shop) or sell your PSP as bricked. Nothing else you can do.