1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant access some sites with new laptop

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by donzo112, Dec 29, 2007.

1. donzo112

donzo112 Member

I have just bought a new laptop for my daughter and we are having some difficulty accessing some websites.The laptop is new and is using windows vista. I also installed a new wireless router but this is working fine on the desktop. Most websites are fine but i cant get on to paddy power poker and my daughter is having the same trouble with a kids sites called club penguin and star doll. We cant get on to you tube either. I would be very grateful if anyone can help but please be gentle with me as I am a complete technophobe.

2. Niobis

Niobis Active member

Need a little more info, please.

Firefox or Internet Explorer or other?

Third party firewall or Windows firewall?

3. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

I dont have a laptop, but when i got my new Vista pc, i was having trouble viewing some sites as well. What i had to do was reinstall vista and that took care of it. Just back up your stuff if you decide to do this and get the keys for programs you paid to have on your laptop. Other than that, it's the best i can think of to help.