1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant access xbox live..

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by noobazor, Jun 2, 2007.

1. noobazor

noobazor Member

so i modded my xbox and i left my live account on the hard drive. now i cant log into xbox. i cold boot the box into halo 2 and then try to log in, but i get the trouble shooter. when i go and restore the original dash, i try to log in but fails to aquire the IP. any ideas?

2. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Did you create a MS Dash Backup before you modded? Did you softmod using dual boot, Power button boot=Softmod, Eject button boot=Xboxlive? If it fails to acquire the ip you need to modify the network settings, disable static ip and set it to automatic. If the LED is red when you attempt to log onto live you'll get banned so do not make that mistake. Boot with the eject button running the original game and make sure the LED stays green. Running backups will get you bannned as well.

3. noobazor

noobazor Member

i did create all the backupsd when i modded it yes. when you say boot with the eject button while running the original game, are you talking about cold booting the box with the disc already in the drive? also when you say the LED is red ill get banned, does that mean its supposed to be running on the original dash or soemthing?

4. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

If you power the box using the eject button the box will jump straight to the live login screen. Just make sure you power up using the eject button if you want to use live, it doesnt matter if the game is already inside or not just power up using eject. Powering up using the power button activates the softmod allowing you run to backups, we want the softmod to be deactivated that’s why you have to power up using eject or you'll get banned. Only original games can be played on live. If you didnt softmod using dualboot using the live feature, you'll need to re-install the exploit and change the way the box boots. Red LED=softmod, Green LED=Xbox live safe.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007