1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't add file

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Juanndan, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Juanndan

Juanndan Member

I have nero 6 When I try to add a file I have, I get a dailog box come up Nerovision express 3. unable to insert C:\ documents and settings\owner\mydocuments\name of the file3-3

2. Juanndan

Juanndan Member

correction,from the last post. unable to insert, its a avi file I don't have a problem with other files. If you can tell me how to put a snapshot of the dailog box into the forum

3. Corypolo

Corypolo Member

Hi Juanndan.

I don't think that is the complete message. I mean, unable to insert..sure..but are you given a why?

I can think of a few possible causes, but most likely one is, well, Nero can't load it because the file is a type it does not recognize.

You don't need to mention the name of the file, but how about it's extension? I can tell you off the bat, you'll have trouble with .mp4, .rmvb and .divx because I don't believe Nero had full support for them until 7.

4. zapatero

zapatero Member

"Unable to insert..." means that Nero Vision cannot process that particular AVI file. AVI is a "container" format, the videos that are inside an AVI can be encoded with different formats, and Nero Vision does not work with certain formats.
    The solution is to convert the file to a format accepted by Nero Vision (like WMV), or not to use Nero Vision and try another program to burn directly to DVD.

5. Juanndan

Juanndan Member

Thanks for the reply, I'm trying to burn the file in Imgburn to a dvd I have the file in my documents, but you can't see the file, when I open my documents in Imgburn I can see lots of folders but no single file, I can see the file ok if I open my documents with Nero I can see every thing I have in there, or if I open my documents from the start menu am I doing some thing wrong?

6. dataport

dataport Member

I had the same problem, and found that N-Vision defaults to "All supported files". After dropping the file type menu down and selecting "ALL FILES", it then would allow me to select AVI's.

7. Juanndan

Juanndan Member

Hi, thanks for the reply, can you explain what N-vision default means I'm not to computer savvy.

8. dataport

dataport Member

Here's what I've found. When you open Nero Vision, it defaults to "best quaility" - which may put you over the limit of a DVD when opening an AVI file. Go to the bottom of the screen to "MORE" - then VIDEO OPTIONS. You'll find a screen with options like Standard Play, Standard Plus Play, etc. You need to play around with these so that it fills the DVD up as much as possible withouth going over the limit. Don't let Vision do it automatically - the quality seems to be really bad.