1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CANT BACK UP A DVD PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rdb, Aug 14, 2004.

1. rdb

rdb Member

I know how to rip, shrink and burn my backups with programs like dvd decrypter, and dvd shrink... but i can not backup my dvd "the last samurai" for the life of me. when i insert it into my dvd drive, the drive doesnt recognize the disc, and its the same way when i put it into my dvd+/- rw drive. When i open dvd decoder it says "device not ready (medium not present)". i cant even play the dvd in my computer, interactual player says please insert disc.

im confused!!!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

2. system42

system42 Member

perhaps its the media its been burnt onto?

3. hijacker

hijacker Guest

maybe you need to flash the firmware software on the burner.I went to www.cdfreaks.com . hope this helps.I flash my firmware for a nec nd-1300a no problems.Just don't shut down the computer durring a firmware upgrade

4. Tony216

Tony216 Guest

That same thing happened to me with Bad Boys II but al I did was just take out the cd restart my computer and put it in again and it plays just fine afterwords

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you can't get the original to even play, I would take a close look at it for dirt or damage. Maybe the info is corrupt. If other originals play it is most likely the disc.

Jerry