1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant backup any game :(

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by markcass, Aug 14, 2004.

1. markcass

markcass Member

Ive tried backing up Bounty Hunter and Gran Turismo 3 with Alcohol, Nero, DVD Decrypter....Notin works! I have a BENQ DVD writer. my ps2 is chipped dunno which chip though. Im using -R Benq DVDS. pls help me

2. cobra_svt

cobra_svt Regular member

hey dude am having the same problem cause after i burn the game and put it on my ps2 it just loads but never starts so if anyone can help us please do

3. ellizit

ellizit Guest

Could you please give us a little more info about how you are burning these backups? What speed are you burning at? Media is also a big issue with burning ps2 backups. Always make sure to use high quality media. Also, what exactly happens when you put your backup in and try to run the game? Let us know some more so we can try to help. Thanks.

4. markcass

markcass Member

I have tried these media: Benq, Mirror and Princo. It just doesnt load. it goes into the menu where you can choose Browser or Settings. Ive tried the Speeds 4X and 2.4X. I have done ISO mode Read then Write with DVD Decypter. Tried to do a 1:1 copy with Nero and Alcohol 120% but still no success

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Are you sure your using -R media? 2.4x is for +R only. What version is your PS2? Older PS2's won't take the media you mentioned, especially Princo. I use them and they work fine on my v8 machine but not on anybody else's older PS2's I've tried. Also see if you can burn at 1x if you are using -R media.

6. ellizit

ellizit Guest

As Icemonkey said, my PS2 will not take the Princo media. So far I have been able to fine 2 brands that work for me: Ritek G04 DVD-R's, and Imation DVD-R's (which I do not use anymore). I burn these at 1x and have not had any problems with them. Good luck!

7. cobra_svt

cobra_svt Regular member

hey i burn the game at 4x and am using the sony dvd+r and when i put the game in it loads but never stops loading so i keep waitting but it never starts so am i burning them wrong or what cause am using the dvd decrypter t burn the grand theft auto 3 game

8. ellizit

ellizit Guest

Do you have an older version PS2? These are the things I would try: burn at a lower speed. I have had games that would not load when I burned at higher speeds, which is why I burn at 1x as a rule now. Another thing to try would be different media (or if you're using an older version ps2, DVD-R media). Give that a try and let us know how it goes. Good luck!

9. cobra_svt

cobra_svt Regular member

hey so what mark do u reccomened for burning ps2 games

10. cobra_svt

cobra_svt Regular member

hey i ahve a version 9 and i just bought 47 dvd+r memorex from the internet so u cant play games using the dvd+r or what??? and do u have a aol or something so that we can chat ???

11. ellizit

ellizit Guest

Before you start looking for other media to buy, I would try burning at a slower speed. Have you been able to backup any other games?

PS: I do use AIM (ellizit), but I'm hardly ever online.

Let us know how it works burning at a slower speed.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2004
  12. cobra_svt

cobra_svt Regular member

no i havent been able to burn any game other game but when it says its burning it looks liek its gonna work but then when i put it on my ps2 it dosent work hey i ahd another question when a ps2 game is reallys cratched up is their a way u can still burn it cause i tried burning another game on the dvd decrypter but it says that it wont be able to so do u know of a way i can get around that?/?

13. markcass

markcass Member

Wen i choose 1X in DVD Decrypter, Actual Speed will be 2.4X. I am 100% sure the media is - not +

14. destorm

destorm Guest

Hi guys,
    For markcass: I've a Benq EW822U and a PS2v7+messhia2 that will boot DVDs +R fine, and will boot DVD+RW fine too. But when I try making a burn using any -R media, it doesn't work. It burns. It will show on my computer. DVD-Video plays fine on my PS2 -- but PS2 games just will not boot, inspite of the fact the PS2 is supposed to be more compatible with -R!
    The reason is that Benq uses philips-chipsets. Philips helped developing the +r standard. I think these chipsets aren't made for -r(w). Just like I said +r is burned perfect (after bitsetting) but -r is lousy.
    I don't think benq can solve this through firmwares.

15. Krish_82

Krish_82 Guest

I use Datasafe Ritek G04 dvd-r to backup my ps2 games and they work brilliantly. Games X Copy is what i use to backup my ps2 games and it does a perfect copy every time