1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't backup Badder Santa, help please

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Accept, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Accept

Accept Member

I've tried the newest version of Decrypter and DVD Shrink which i usually use and I also downloaded Clone DVD and Any DVD but nothing works. Decrypter goes to 57% and then has an error and the others don't even start ripping it.

I rented this and watched a few minutes of it to make sure it works ok and it works fine on my dvd player.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

That one was one of my first backups using dvd shrink and nero. No special encryptions like there are on these new releases.

"I rented this and watched a few minutes to make sure it works ok". This is illegal,if you have the original and it is damaged and using a rental dvd to make a copy,then that may be ok.

Since these are rental dvd's chances are,that disc is damaged.Even though the stand alone player may play it, the encoding part will usually give you a "crc" error.

Try cleaning it and look for any scratches.

Use dvd decrypter and set it for "rip with brute force" and "ignore all read errors". sometimes that will let you rip it.

You might want to turn off anydvd,some people having trouble with the newer version on older dvd's.

3. Accept

Accept Member

Thanks for the tips. Decrypter still only went to 57% and just kept repeating the error but the error says "positioning error" and I watched a preview and that started bouncing around so it looks like a bad disk. Exchange it tomorrow and see if another copy works.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

That's what I usually do.Take it back for another copy. I haven't had any luck using dvd decrypter on my original dvd's that give me the crc errors.

Now the newer encryptions give us that crc error,thus anydvd will help pull off that special new encryption.