1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant backup Crackdown

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by monteca, Feb 19, 2007.

1. monteca

monteca Regular member

I cant backup crackdown with samsung ans kreon 8.1. It tells me its not an xbox 360 disk. tried newest backup creator and newest schtrom.

anyone else have this problem?

2. ferrytran

ferrytran Guest

im having a problem burning it. but it says its corrupted or not right formated. so i just deleted it. check yours to see if the .iso file is corrupted.

3. monteca

monteca Regular member

i cant even get to the iso part....it says the partition not recognized or not a 360 disc

4. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

need alot more info than that first where did u get it and what is the excat name of the file second u need the ss bin, pfi bin , and dmi bin. Then u need xbox 360 ss merger 1.7b. when u get that hit my up and if u need a link for the bins tell me

5. Balinor

Balinor Member

My solution was using XBC, clik on the Unlock Drive button a couple of times, then extract the current partition instead of the whole disk using XBC. Then extract the SS, PFI and DMI to the same directory (again with XBC). Merge it all together using SS Merger 1.7b. I then burnt it with XBC. My Legacy backup copy seems to work so far.

This solution worked for Legacy which came up with the same partition error message..hope it works.

6. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

do you play online

7. monteca

monteca Regular member

i read the legacy thread and got the current partition and the extracting parts i was missing the ss merger part....will update

8. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

ya thats a must do game is GREAT

9. Netman66

Netman66 Member

Help, when I try to merge my crackdown files with ss merger, I get a message saying 'iso is smaller that xtreme style lenght' and when I load the ss file the md5s show up read. I unlocked the drive several times with XBC to pull all the files. any suggestions??

10. reppin519

reppin519 Regular member

do you have to patch the game with the .STEALTH.PATCHER??

11. navsav

navsav Regular member

So did it work? I will be backing up my copy shortly and need to know if it will work or if I sould just DL the game.

12. monteca

monteca Regular member

it seamed to.... i have a proper image.....my buddy is installing the xeno 360 chip this week so i can test then. ive just been backing up my games waiting for the chip to be shipped

13. Balinor

Balinor Member

Netman66 - my backup said the same thing of legacy about the size..it seems to work fine so its probably worth a disk to check to have a go

14. navsav

navsav Regular member

how come your not just flashing the drive??

15. monteca

monteca Regular member

because it looks really confusing.......and i worry that i may brick the drive....i have a hitachi 0078 also so that one im gonna have to dive in and flash

16. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

some people dont want to do the easy thing, they like complicated, to each his own

EDIT actually flashing that drive isnt that bad, if you need help or you want someone to flash it for you since its cheaper PM me and ill help you out

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  17. Netman66

Netman66 Member

OK, Now, using SS Merger 1.7, I get an error saying I must select a video partion?? WTF. Do I need to copy that from the original disk to the same directory as my other files?? Also, If you know of any other problems that might crop up I would appreciate some advanced warnings. Thanx

Well, I got it to merge but when I try to burn it with XBC I get an error "expected size 7.05G, actual 7.18G", "write Failed", Now whats up?? Did I screw up the merge somehow??

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  18. navsav

navsav Regular member

Ok Still waiting to see if anyone got this to work?? For crackdown!!!

Othwewise I will risk downloading it!

19. reppin519

reppin519 Regular member

ya its been done..there is another form about the same thing..

Originally posted by wabashman:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    when i insert the iso file, it said it was extreme length, and if i wanted to check the md5, i just said no since it never connects so it doesnt check it anyways, just saves a few minutes or waste time. after that i inserted the SS and other two files, unchecked the name NME compatabile ISO. and checked the fill with blank box instead of instert video file. then click the merge thing and create layer break button thing. then about 5-10 minutes later it said file sucessfully merged, or done, something like that. then under that it said you can burn crackdown.iso with clonecd. but i used imageburn to burn it this time since i know everygame i burn with imageburn works. hope that helps

props to wabashman

20. yesser

yesser Guest

so is there place were i can download ssmerger or do i have to use news groups because being on college dorm room i think the school blocks news groups