1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't backup house of flying daggers or kill bill Vol 1

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by trenton24, Jan 25, 2007.

1. trenton24

trenton24 Member

ok, I am new to backing up up DVD's as I just got a burner, but I have successfully ripped about 20 dvd's so far using anyDVD 6.1.0.2 and DVDShrink 3.2 with Nero 6 as the burning ROM.

However I can;t burn either of the aforementioned movies (they both give a cop protection error at the deep analysis stage)

I have also tried Clone DVD 4 (with anyDVD running) but the copy was very poor quality and skipped parts of the movie.

Most solutions I have read about on forums involve DVD decrypter but I can't find a copy of this except on limewire pro which is very slow and unreliable I doubt it will ever fully download.

Is there a solution not involving DVD decrypter?

Cheers

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

3. trenton24

trenton24 Member

Hey thanks for the tips and the link to DVD decrypter.

I tried the new version of anyDVD and when I used DVDshrink it froze at 2% through the burn process with a copy protection error.

I tried DVD decrypter and it froze at 28%. and now every time I load it it seems to freeze my computer. The sort where you can't even restart windows and have to pull the plug - very annoying)

I guess I can still try Ripit4me

any other idea?

4. binkie7

Give RipIt4Me a go - the link above has a step by step guide and set up and how to use.
    These are a little older dvd's that all these programs can handle.
    Try cleaning off the back of the discs w/ something non abrasive too.

5. trenton24

trenton24 Member

hey again had a win with DVD decrypter and DVD shrink for my backup of KillBill Vol 1, it seems that my IDE cable was loose on my DVD ROM drive which was causing DVD decrypter to freeze. I will give it ago with HOFD and let you know how I go.

Cheers

6. trenton24

trenton24 Member

Perhaps that last statement was a little premature, I managed to copy the dvd to my hard drive ok, but at 8% of analysis process in DVD shrink it came up with an error - failed to read E:\ drive (my DVD ROM). I can't understand why it wasn't even using that drive in the burn process, it was burning from hard drive to D:\ drive my DVD burner????

7. binkie7

Yeah a loose cable can cause problems. You might just want to try House of Flying Daggers again w/ RipIt4Me since I think this one came out after decrypter started needing psl files. ( Lords of Dogtown)
    Txs for the update!

8. trenton24

trenton24 Member

Just a quick one - I just went to download ripit4me from the link you provided and when I went to open the installer file, a program that I run called PestPatrol 4.4.4.72 came up with a warning say that the item I was trying to open was a Paypal hacker tool and it found the following items in the file

http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453100928

Can you be sure that this program is safe - is it perhaps safe to download the zip file in place of the installer? I saw that softpedia rated it 100% spyware free?

just thought I should put this out there for all

9. trenton24

trenton24 Member

ok, so i downloaded RipIT4Me and fixVTS separately and followed the instructions in the link. Only trouble is when it opens DVDdecrypter it freezes at 65% every time (whilst trying to backup KillBill Vol 1)

Does anyone have any other ideas

10. binkie7

RipIt4me is virus/spyware free - downloading from the developer or reputable sites.
    I think PestPatrol may just be giving you a false positive.

You may just have a bad disc w/ Kill Bill. Do you have another drive you can try and rip from?
    May just be best to exchange it for a new one if you can.

11. trenton24

trenton24 Member

hey managed to get a copy of KillBill using Ripit4Me, just had to use the DVD burner drive for the whole process. Still no luck with HOFD though, comes up with a copy protection error very early in the DVD decrypter phase

Thanks for your help so far

12. binkie7

Use RipIt4Me and the burner to read and write also for HOFD - see if that finally does the trick for you.

13. trenton24

trenton24 Member

Yep, I did that and for some reason it wasn't working, however if I switched of region free and burnt as region 4 (my region) it worked fine - thanks for all your help

14. binkie7

Not a problem trenton24
    Glad you got them backed up.

Happy Burning