1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant Backup Madagascar DVD??

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by nerohelp, Oct 28, 2005.

1. nerohelp

nerohelp Member

Anyone know if there is a problem with backing up Madagascar? I tried using DVD X Express, DVD Shrink, and DVD Decrypter...

Anyone?

2. Bigfatboy

Bigfatboy Regular member

Last edited: Oct 28, 2005
  3. nerohelp

nerohelp Member

Let me refresh that statement...

I got it burned ok with decrypter then when it choose the files that I ripped to my hard drive it wont start it up to shrink I get a read error which doesnt make sense??

4. rmcgo

rmcgo Member

I get those messagese sometimes, what I do to get around any error message is to reset my computer, works like a charm. Don't know what causes it, but that fix has worked each time.

I always thought that once you get the movie to your HD, it should be ok to burn, IOW, if you are going to have a problem with a movie, it will be during the ripping process.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2005
  5. adithom

adithom Member

i used dvdfab and it ripped it to the hard drive ok then when trying to use shrink it comes up with an error saying it failed to open file dvd_video/video_ts/vts_02_1.vob - the system cannot find the specified file. i then tried again with no luck so thought i'd have a go with dvd decryptor then shrink and got the same problem. i then used clonedvd2 after using decryptor and it has finished processing it ok now (whereas with clonedvd and any dvd it failed at 36% read) and now after checking has backed up the dvd to perfection!

6. MikeVCEO

MikeVCEO Member

If you want to copy Madagascar, use VOBBlanker, if works fine and no problems. Anytime you can't copy a movie try using this, it works all the time for me.... The best thing invented...

You still need AnyDVD running, OK !!!

7. temj

temj Regular member

Madagascar is not released until Nov 15, 2005.

8. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I was wondering when someone would catch that release date.

9. adithom

adithom Member

its out on the 15th to buy in the shops but i buy from playusa.com and as i'm in the u.k they post dvds out when they get them in stock - usually you get them on the release date or a day either side but this one was sent really early - good film as well!

10. HKT3020

HKT3020 Regular member

Strangely enough that website posts the DVD release as Nov.15th as well but what you can do is take the necessary steps. Rip with DVD Decrypter and open the VIDEO_TS file with Vob Blanker and strip and remove unwanted extras. You can get away with no compression on this film as the running time is less than 2 hours.

11. MikeVCEO

MikeVCEO Member

Private video stores sometimes get dvd movies 2-4 weeks before their release dates. I had Madagascar for 2weeks now & Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 4weeks before it was due to release.

Remember use VOB Blanker, it works fine on all dvds that gives you trouble......

12. HKT3020

HKT3020 Regular member

Another suggestion is to dish out a few bucks for a quality DVD editing app like DVDRemake. Simple to use program and the best DVD editing program available today.;-)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2005
  13. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

This DVD is protected with ARccOS.

14. Trinni

Trinni Member

I ran Anydvd in the backgroung and then I used DVDFAB platinum express worked for Madagascar and Stealth.

15. mgamer

mgamer Member

this was by far the hardest dvd i every tried to copy. what worked for me was i used dvdfab to copy to my comp. then i ran vobblanker (thanks HKT3020) i then opened dvd shrink to compress and burn with nero.

when i didnt use dvdblanker shrink gave me errors and i couldnt open it.

16. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

the simplest way to do the movie is to use CloneDVD 2 with anydvd 25 minutes and you are done

17. abelp

abelp Member

I used DvdFab with AnyDvd and then used Nero Recode to compress. I tried compressing with shrink but kept getting an error. WOrks just fine use these three. I also hear CloneDvd2 with Anydvd works well too.
    thats my 2 cents.

18. trendkill

trendkill Member

I was having some problems with it as well. DVD Shrink would give me a "cyclic redundancy error" on 2 different discs, DVD Decrypter gave a "packer header error" but seemed to rip fine until I went to Shrink it, then got an "invalid data error". DVDFab Express gave the same error when trying to Shrink it.....

Then I saw this thread and tried the VOBBlanker, and things worked out just fine...so far! lol Haven't burned it to disc yet, but DVD Shrink let me shrink it...so it should work...

19. temj

temj Regular member

20. Tralblazr

Tralblazr Member

Thanks Fellas, the Vob Blanker+ DVD Shrink combination worked great. I really needed this to be backed up as i had to take the kids twice to the movie theater to watch this, and I know it will be played many many times over by my 4 and 6 year olds. Only to be destroyed by their precious hands. THANK YOU, and down with the man who wants to stop me from making a legal backup.