1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant Backup Madagascar DVD??

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by nerohelp, Oct 28, 2005.

1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Yes , but to use anydvd with dvd decrypter set up dvd decrypter this way

To use DVD Decrypter in conjunction with AnyDVD as stated per Olli ->OF SLYSOFT AND CloneDVD

Proceed to the DVD Decrypter Opening Page - Tools - Settings

I/O Tab - Click on "Elby CDIO-Elaborate Bytes"

General Tab - un-check "Check For Structure Protection"

also remember anydvd works best with clonedvd 2 they are the only two programs you need

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2006
  2. fulsfrtun

fulsfrtun Member

So I think the disc being scratched is the problem. I stuck the original in my dvd player to watch it and it got so far in the movie and the video broke up and stopped. I'll try to exchange it tomorrow and try again.

aabbccdd, who is the girl in your sig? Oh MY GOD!

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

its "Adriana Lima" shes one of the top Supermodels in the world per Victoria Secert and my fav. girl on the planet nice huh !!!

4. KrazyKarl

KrazyKarl Member

[bold]To all those who believe they've tried everything and well....aren't stupid...[/bold]

Several people including myself have had issues with the Madagascar DVD pressing itself. Several people have had issues with the video freezing at certain parts in the movie (for me it was the subway sceen when the swat comes). The bad disc that I dealt with had two perferrated bumps towards the outter edge of the disc, which is where VTS 08_02.vob would be on the pressing. For those of you who feel like they've "tried everything," try another disc. Especially if you've gone through the 11 pages in this forum and have tried what everyone suggested.

5. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

I think a MOD should just close this thread for good. Isn't it obvious and ironic that some people are having so much problems, yet on the other hand, half of the people are ripping and backing up flawlessly (including myself, I've never had any issues ripping and backing up any movies whatsoever).

Either you have to have the latest from AnyDVD or use alternative like DVDFAB Decrypter or DVD Decrypter, then simply run it through VobBlanker and the rest is a piece of cake. If you've tried AnyDVD, DVD43 and VobBlanker and your problem still exist, then it it likely that you have a badly pressed original, the answer is EXCHANGE it for a new one and you'll be fine period.

Just my 2 cents...

6. christ93

christ93 Regular member

I agree lock the thread. Madagascar has been beaten to death.

7. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

ok dokey heres the last note:

If u want to back this DVD up the easiest way is to use Clone DVD2 and ANYDVD. HOWEVER, u need the lasest version of both, even CLoneDVD2!

i was using 2.6... and when it wrtoe teh imagine at the end it could not write the .iso, but wheni up graded to 2.8... it was all good.

8. christ93

christ93 Regular member

Lock the thread.......

9. JDaRipper

JDaRipper Member

QUESTION???
    Does VOBBlanker still works as charming as you say if I use DVDFab instead of DVDDecrypter. I have DVDDecrypter but since dvd shrink did not work I used the other. Also, whats the deal with the first file of the actual movie; when I opened it on the computer, as computer files, IT HAD NO SOUND!? Thanks for helping :)

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

the movie has "Ripguard" so you can go though the long task of using dvd decrypter,dvd shrink or fab and vob blanker ,you will need PSL files also.

or you can use clonedvd 2 with anydvd and be done with the movie in about 20 mins. that up to you. heres a guide to use the program

http://bbmayo.home.comcast.net/

11. XxRUINSxX

XxRUINSxX Regular member

Yeah I used the long way...ripped to hd, used Vob Blanker, and then shrunk it...worked, just a little too long for my liking...

12. ripit02

ripit02 Guest

I too have had problems with file 8_2 and nothing worked (I read this entire thread for ideas). I could never get that file ripped. I exchanged the disk and on a brand new, right out of the package disk, it still had problems with that file. I did manage to copy it and that is when I realized something. The brand new original was in fact damaged or something, as it did not play right in one spot (I assume somewhere in 8_2). I hadn't noticed as in three dvd players, it skipped past the problem so fast that it just appeared like a normal change in scene.

What made my realize the problem is that in the copy, there is about 2.5 minutes missing. After trying everyting I could think of and anything I got from this thread, I used vob blanker directlly on the original disk as the source. I selected all files on the disk and had it process them all to a folder on my hard drive. I then tried recode on the folder which failed, and then tried clone dvd on the main movie (removed menus and everything) and it worked, and the copy plays fine. I don't think that it is skipping a bad part on the copy, but rather think that vob blanker removed the bad area (presumably a bad spot from a bad pressing, not copy guard based on what everyones coments).
    The bad area on my disk starts about 30 minutes into the main movie, where the crates with the animals fall off the ship). the original has playback problems and skips parts in the same spot that they are missing on the copy.

I just though this might be helpfull to some of you. I think I might try to exchange the disk again.

I forgot to mention, I had anydvd running when I used vob blanker to process the entire disk off the original as well as when I used clone dvd to burn it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2006
  13. 4evaabhoy

4evaabhoy Guest

Also tried the DVD Decrypter/VOB Blanker/DVD Shrink/Nero route and it worked a dream.

14. pizarro

pizarro Member

HELP
    My computer won't even see the madagascar dvd (region 2)let alone rip it.I have any-dvd, dvd-decrypter (patched with pcgedit)Nero7,Clonedvd2, all no good if the drive a lg gsa4160b and windows doesn't see the disc.

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

will the standalone dvd player play the dvd?? try it in another drive

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2006
  16. pizarro

pizarro Member

Plays on both home dvd players in the house

17. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

try updating the firmware on your drive then ,if that doest work its just your drive not able to read it

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2006
  18. pizarro

pizarro Member

tried that using lg odd online firmware update but i get error message run time error 7 out of memomry.

19. CoonAss1

CoonAss1 Guest

Here is a very simple way to backup madagascar use the NEW VERSION of DVDFab decrypter(2.9.7.0) then ecode with DVD Shrink and burn with DVD decrypter. I did just the main movie using reauthor mode in Shrink. Incase I didn't stress it enough the key is the NEW VERSION of DVDFab.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2006
  20. k9king

k9king Guest

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I was able to get it to work from all your instructions. However, now that I have backed up Madagascar, I'm UNABLE to delete the folder it was stored in. There is no info in the file, just the file left and unable to delete it. It says, "Cannot delete MADAGASCAR: Cannot find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name." There is a folder that I have on my desktop that is MADAGASCAR and inside the folder is another folder with the same name. When I try to delete IT it says "Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk." I am able to rename the parent folder on the desktop but still can't delete it. But I'm unable to rename the folder inside. I also have the same problem with another temp file folder which stored the movie VALIENT. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!!