1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't backup PS2 games...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by JoeBlack!, May 27, 2003.

1. JoeBlack!

JoeBlack! Member

Hiya, I've got a problem. I want to make a backup of one of my PS2 games, actually all of them, but you have to crawl before you can walk, right? Well, I have a SONY DWU10A DVD +RW -RW etc. burner, and I'm using RecordNow Max to make the global image files needed (I've read that that was the best ultility to go with). Well, when I burn the .gi files, the backup simply doesn't work on my PS2, oh yeah, I got it modded with a Messiah2 mod-chip. Please help me, 'cus I've already wasted what seems like a small fortune in empty DVD medias... TIA! JB

Last edited: May 27, 2003
  2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

It has to be your version of PS2 does not read "+" type media. Or possibly the chip is not working. The easiest way to test the media is to make a DVD movie backup on your media and put it in the PS2 if it plays then it is 99% your chip, if it doesn't then your PS2 does not read "+" type media.

3. JoeBlack!

JoeBlack! Member

Okay, I'll try the movie thing... By the way, I did use a DVD-R for the game backup... Still, thanks Dex =)