1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't backup Tony Hawk's Underground - "Read Error"

Discussion in 'PS2' started by razarg, Apr 5, 2004.

1. razarg

razarg Member

I have tried to back up Tony Hawk's Underground over and over trying many different methods, but every time, it keeps saying "read error" and won't go any further. I am using DVD decrypter to read and write. My disc has virtually no scratches, so I don't think scratches are an issue.

In the back of the manual, it mentions
    "RSA BSAFE SSL-C and Crypto-C software" have been installed. Is there some type of protection on this disc? If so, how do you get around it?

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

weird thing is that they just trying to scare you off lol.... you can copy it and in quite an easy way... since dvd gives errors we turn to 120% and RecordNow! Deluxe.... if you dont know how to use them go here http://www.psplace.tk/ that site will give you anything you need to know about backups... btw i did a copy of thps it works fine i used 120% no errors...

3. razarg

razarg Member

Thanks alot. I'm fixing to try it now.

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

cool dude... cool... if you need more help.. talk to me...

5. razarg

razarg Member

Same thing. When I try to copy with Alcohol 120%, following the directions on the site you provided, it still brought up an error. "Illegal track error" to be exact. I don't understand it. The DVD has no scratches, I keep good care of all my discs.

Any help would be appreciated to fix this. Is it something I possibly am doing wrong?

6. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

i copy the pal game of this... with 120% it worked lol... did you try recordnow? that one should read it..

7. bokster

bokster Guest

hi razarg i backed the pal version of tony hawks using nero 6,3,0,3 in the copy mode read and write with my writer it worked ok apart from that im stumped