1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Boot in Recovery Mode!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Crack69, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Crack69

Crack69 Member

I'm attempting to install CWCheat on my psp, and I'm at the stop where I have to boot in Recovery mode. I know I have to press the R trigger while restarting the PSP, but I've tried COUNTLESS times and only get the normal startup screen. Is there any alternate why to boot in recovery mode, or is there a specific time to press the R trigger during bootup? How long should I hold it? Or should i just tap it?

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Are you on OE?

3. gangsta00

gangsta00 Guest

did u even put a recovery folder on ur psp?

4. aftrdrawn

aftrdrawn Regular member

hello i cant get in to my recovery mode in my psp. i dont know if i am in cause when i go into the recovery mode i see there Configuration-> and then below it written ""Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP when i click on it the screen goes black and nothing comes on it. now i wait a little longer but still the screen is black now i hold the power button and then on my psp. now i dont know wheter my psp recovery mode is on or not. help on ur comments.thnx

5. lilsergi

lilsergi Member

put the recovery folder in psp>game then fully turn of your psp hold the power button untill it turns off then turn it on but hold the "R" button at the same time and there you go!!

6. aftrdrawn

aftrdrawn Regular member

ok thnx but can u tell me where can i download the recovery mode file. reply for the best website.

7. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

this might sound silly but I had a problem with two of my psp's where I thought I couldn't get into recovery mode because I'd just get a black screen. Turns out it was just the brightness setting. Hit the brightness button on the psp and I was in recovery mode all along it just started on the lowest brightness setting (pitch black)

8. lilsergi

lilsergi Member

Yea just go to this website and your set to go man "http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-homebrew-and-hacks-help-21/t-guide-recovering-your-psp-to-15-303-oe-c-or-310-oe-a-94683.html"

9. aftrdrawn

aftrdrawn Regular member

ok thanks for u replys as i went into the website and downloaded the recovery mode file and have put it in the psp/game folder but it is also saying to put the data.dxar file in the recovery folder and they have not given the data.dxar file ther for downloading. so can u tell me where can i get this file data.dxar. thnx

10. Trixx_14

Trixx_14 Regular member

lol thanks it was the brightness level!!! lol THANK YOU@!!