1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't boot PS2 backups, need help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by antusch, Nov 4, 2003.

1. antusch

antusch Member

I have been trying to play Tony Hawk Underground(NTSC) and GTA3(PAL) DVD-R backups...but none of them works. DVD movie backups is no problem(both NTSC and PAL). When i put in a ps2 dvd-r backup it starts "reading disc...." in the menu where you can choose the memory card or the dvd disc. When playing movies the DVD option comes up after a while and i can play it like normal, but with the ps2 games it doesn't, it only says "reading disc error"
    CD-R/DVD movie-backups and PS2/PS1 originals works just fine..it's only the ps2 dvd-r that isn't working.

-I have tried several diffrent medias(Princo, TDK, MMORE, Maxell and Sony) but none of them works.
    -My PS2 is a v3 with a Messiah1
    -I use a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104, DVD Decryper and PrimoDVD 2 to burn my backups and i always burn them in 1X

Anyone have any idea of what the problem might be?

2. CHADSR

CHADSR Member

I don't know what the problem is because i am pretty much having the same problem and i've tried all kinds of programs and nothing so far works.

3. PS2Gamer

PS2Gamer Regular member

From the meanial experience I have with the backup side of PS2 Gaming all I can say is.

It's either a bad burn OR the game is picking up on the ModChip.

Myself I have given up on the ModChip cause it fried my laser after about half a year. *tears of sorrow*

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

ummm this one is quite a challenge...

ok here it is...

you say it reads dvd/cd correct?

so it does read dvd-r on video dvd's correct?
    but dosent read ps2 dvd-r and say R.D.E and takes a while to read a dvd-r... wow a v3 and Messiah1 quite an old model you have there... may i ask how many years or months you have it... usualy what happens is the lens tends to brake after atleast 2 years of use.. i would give the lens about 8000 hours of work... make sure it's clean and in a working condision it's not the burning... nor it's not the media... the chip works as i see it boots it all up thats it's job.... so it must be the model....did you try cleaing the dvd rom? try using those cleaning disks... if that dosent help you always can buy a new ps2 and fit the Messiah1 into it and sell the old one... try this if this works.... booting backups from the ps2 browser never works.... just keep in mind that try this... "insert the dvd-r and restart ps2" that should boot the ps2 dvd-r.. if that works then it's all fine... if even then you get R.D.E... then cleaning might help if not well nothing can help you there....