1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't burn a BD disc!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by Chew, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Chew

Chew Member

I've tried Ulead DVD Movie Factory, Roxio HD DVD it, Cyberlink Producer, and now Nero 8, none burn! Not only that, but I tried just throwing a 30 meg file on a BD Data disc using Nero 8, bombed out right away stating: "DMA-driver CRC-error". All of these bomb out right away! Anyone have any ideas? When I use DVDFab HD Decrypter, I can't even see a regular Blu Ray disc purchased from the store. Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? The Blu Ray writer is an SATA optical drive (philips BD-RE BDD1001) that I've connected to a SATA PCI controller since I do not have any on-board SATA ports. Please help!

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  2. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Try Img Burn.

3. Rusty257

Rusty257 Member

blu-ray is the devil

4. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Possibly a problem with the controller itself? Like a driver issue or something. When the software starts to talk with the hardware, something goes wrong. Sounds like it might be because when you tried to just write that 30mb file it crashed on you.

Also, looks like someone else was getting those same errors here on AD, look around the thread and maybe that will help?

DMA/CRC Error

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2008
  5. Chew

Chew Member

Okay, when I got to Nero InfoTool and select the BD-RE rewrier, it gives me a blank error message that just has the Red circle with an X and the only thing it says is Nero InfoTool in the blue header of the message box and an OK button. Any more ideas? This is on a PCI SATA controller, not an IDE card. So I can't even tell if DMA is enabled or not.

Thanks,
    Matt

6. Chew

Chew Member

I actually saw the original store bought title in ImgBurn, but it looked like it started to rip but quickly went from 1.8 to 1.6 and so on eventually to 0.0 speed.

7. Chew

Chew Member

So to update you all, I took the SATA PCI card out and connected the SATA Blu Ray writer on an IDE channel using the IDE to SATA mini converter that Sabrent makes. I was able to rip one of my original blu ray movies using ImgBurn (thanks for that tip Amir!) and I was able to write a Blu Ray data disc using Nero successful. Now, I took out all my other DVD drives just for the sake of isolating it on the secondary IDE controller, but will try adding those drives back tonight. Also, I left the house with it trying to burn a Blu Ray video disc from Cyberlink Power Producer so I should know if that was successful when I get home in an hour or so. Thanks all for sticking with me, I'm hoping my experience with this may help guide someone in the same situation to a fix a lot quicker.

8. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

when we burn te bd's do we have to quit all the programs n the background just like we do for the dvd's

how effective is cyberlink power producer if/when we wanna put regular dvd on th bd's

whihc way is the effective way to burn bd movies to bd to watch standalone and on ps3 other than nero

please any help will be appreciated