1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant burn a complete, cracked Backup image with CloneCD AND Pioneer 111d writer!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jazzer999, Jan 14, 2007.

1. jazzer999

jazzer999 Member

I just purchased the pioneer 111d writer to burn my xbox 360 backups. I am also using the dual layer verbatim discs. Sounds like i have everything perfect right?

problem is, that i have many patched images of the 360 backups and i cannot get one of them to work at all in my 360. I burn with clonecd, so the layerbreak is already set. when i put the burnt disc into my firmware modded (hitachi) 360 i can hear it 'clicking' but the disc is NEVER read, and NEVER runs.

I have a few backups that i had gotten from a friend, and i noticed that those backup discs are burnt the ENTIRE length of the disc. mine, on the other hand, are not--probably burnt half the length. Does that matter? and if so, how do i get clonecd to burn the entire disc? Thanks for your help, these forums rock.

2. mrstring

mrstring Guest

3. jazzer999

jazzer999 Member

Thanks man, ill update it tonite and see if that works. Anyone else have any thoughts?

4. tony30uk

tony30uk Member

what dvd drive are you reading from? i have the pioneer 111d with latest firmware and the samsung dvd rom flashed with the korean firmware
    yesterday i tried several disks and only got bad burns with the drive clicking when i was testing so i changed the way i done things a little
    i use clone cd version 5.3.0.1 to create an image using the read to image box, create a file on desktop and label it with the game name.once its read the disk its saves on your desktop
    next i use imgburn to write the disk
    i have set the layer break manually in imgburn to what it should be but where i was going wrong was copying as 2.4x speed, i reduced the speed to 2x and hey presto they work fine
    to copy original xbox 360 games i can get away with 2.4x speed which is a bit wierd as im using the same disks which are Aone 8 x dual layer

5. jazzer999

jazzer999 Member

I just updated the firmware, burnt a prepatched disc image and it worked great. The magic is the firmware apparently!

Thanks for your responses!

6. mrstring

mrstring Guest

good news

glad it worked for you