1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't burn after Backing up with Shrink and then buring with Nero.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Chemmn, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Chemmn

Chemmn Member

Hello, I am new at this. I follow the guides on how to burn. Thing should go right but it doesn't. I'm not sure if this is a Shrink or Nero question but it involves both. When I backup a movie using Shrink and try burning the movie using Nero Burning Rom, the movie doesn't load up in Nero Buring Rom or Nero doesn't load up my movie like the guide in How to copy dvds (movie only) with dvd Shrink. So I try to open the movie in the Nero, Nero says it is empty. But when I open the file in my computer, the movie is there but for reason it is Empty in Nero. After I backup the movie in Shrink, Shrink says it was successful but why can't I open the movie in Nero or why Nero doesn’t load up my movie. Can anybody help me? Thank you.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

It really depends on the movie...you don't mention any decrypting software either, what program(s) are you using to rip the movie to your HDD? If you are wanting to use Nero, make sure you are creating a VIDEO_TS folder...this would be the folder option or burn with Nero option in DVD Shrink. Otherwise, just create an ISO and burn with DVD Decrypter or Imgburn.

3. Chemmn

Chemmn Member

I think with Shrink, you have the option of ripping the movie straight from the disk or decrypting the movie first using DVDFab Decrypter. I thought ripping the movie using Shrink would make things faster. Hehe Should I always rip movies using DVDFab Decrypter? Is Imgburn free and how fast does it burn?

4. fatstrat

fatstrat Regular member

I suggest useing DVD Fab Decrypyer first to rip to your harddrive. Mainly because Shrink is not updated anymore. Just use it for transcoding.

Get it here free:
    http://dvdidle.com/free.htm

After ripping, open file with DVD Shrink, it will analyize for a minute or two and then select re-author and drag the main movie over.

From there set shrink to burn with nero or dvd decrypter if you have it. As Loco said if you burn with nero, just make a VIDEO_TS folder and burn from there automatically.

Strat

5. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

On DVD Shrink, what do you have under "Target Device" via "Select backup target"?