1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't burn already shrink-ed DVD9 to DVD5

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by igrof, Jul 12, 2011.

1. igrof

igrof Member

I had a copy of 9.98GB DVD,and used a DVD Shrink 3.2 and everything seemed ok,but when I tried to burn it on 4.5GB DVD with Nero,problems arose - now,after a 6 ruined DVD's,I think I know what is the problem,but I have no solution.Files IFO and BUP,and maybe something else were not changed,and the wizard in Nero can't,(I do not know why?) burn the disk,I every time get half-burned disk,with a note about reading error....!Please,if someone have the solution,send me an e-mail on edited by ddp,or write it here,'cause I had to erase the original files,so now I have only DVD's with the right side,but wrong information's on them-I don't know how to change and what to change,or which program to use - it is a big problem to me 'cause the originals are very hard to find again,and even then,I would have no solution...
    Thanks in advance,and
    Wishing You all the best,
    igrof from Prague

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  2. attar

attar Senior member

The Nero burn log burn may be useful, if you post it.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no email posting as per forum rules, post edited.

4. igrof

igrof Member

Thanks,
    Sorry,I did not know about that rule - it will not happen again...
    Receive my best wishes,
    Igor Petrovic

5. igrof

igrof Member

Hello,
    Just wanted to say thanks,and to share what I learned from this:I finally solved the problem using IfoEdit,with the command merge units,I got correctly prepared DVD,the IfoEdit program made the image,which I burned,and whoala! - I finally got my DVD.Hope someone can use this my experience if he(she) stumbles on something similar.Thanks everybody that tried to help,got lucky with this one...Many best wishes to Afterdawn...
    You are the Best,just keep on...
    Igor Petrovic