1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Burn any DVD's

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by RSN, Jan 7, 2007.

1. RSN

RSN Member

Please please help, I am newbie to this forum,
    I am having problems burning DVD's. I am now after many happy months of burning films getting the following message with DVD decrypter

I/O error

Device [1:0:0] Pioneer DVD-RW DVRk14L 1.00 (F:) (ATA)
    ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check condition

CDB :25 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation Read Capacity

Sense Area:70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 57 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: Unable to recover TOC

I use DVD Shrink v. 3.2 and dvd decrypter v 3.5.4.0

I get the above error message with Philips DVD-R and +R discs and also Verbatim DVD +R. I have been able to use/ burn onto all discs in the past. Please please any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi RSN
    Your burner can use a firmware update so try that. The latest is 1.10.

What speed are you burning at? For this drive if you're not already take it down to 6x or 4x.

3. RSN

RSN Member

followed the link for the firmware update however there are no instructions detailing how to upgrade the firmware. I have registered with the firmware website but have not recieved any activation emails to post my queries. Has anybody out there upgraded thier DVD drive firmware recently, if so how !!

4. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

RSN

Here's a guide that will show you how to use DVD Decrypter to check for and get a firmware update, you can use it to get and apply possible future updates.

Using dvd decrypter to check for firmware updates guide:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=57993

Just click on the 1.10 link given to get it, the file should be named "dvdrwwim2030.exe".

Once you've downloaded the update file to your desktop, just run it to apply the update (it's a .exe file so just double click on it to run it). Follow any directions when running the update. It's that easy:)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  5. RSN

RSN Member

Many thanks for the reply. There are no instructions when running the exe. as a matter of fact when I do attempt to run it I get a message that reads "Aplicable target not found". (from a dos type screen).

6. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

RSN

I did some digging and it looks like you'll need a flash utility to apply the update called "DVRFlash 2.2 for windows". You can get it here:

The site
    http://lasvegas.rpc1.org/

Or

Direct download
    http://lasvegas.rpc1.org/DVRFlash_v2.2_win32.zip

You can read whats being discussed here if you want.. http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=40872

You should just be able to run the flash utility, direct it to your drive and the .exe file you downloaded. That's all I can help with, hope it's enough.

Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  7. RSN

RSN Member

Many thanks again for the prompt replies. Just defragging my D and G drives before I attempt (again !) to upgrade my firmware. I will follow the links as suggested