1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant burn any more

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nerd484, Apr 23, 2007.

1. nerd484

nerd484 Member

i got myself quite a frustrating problem and i have been reading a bunch of stuff from these forums and its seems pretty good, but none of it that i have seen has helped me. I recently had my hard drive replaced due to it going bad (i have an hp zx5180 laptop btw), it was still under the warrenty so i got it replaced, by best buy, and when i got my laptop back i cant burn any dvds. i was able to before the crash and now i cant. I have the notorius toshiba sd-r6252 and i have tripled checked all the drivers and firmware to make sure that they were up to date yet i still cant burn, it wont even recognize the blank media for dvd's. It will see the blank cd-r but not a blank dvd+r, the media i am using is fujifilm x8 dvd+r, which i know work cuz i used that before my crash. if anyone could help me out i would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

I hope those SOB's didn't replace your drive with one without DVD Burner.

3. david66

david66 Regular member

error

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  4. david66

david66 Regular member

error on last post forget what i said when you turn on your computer before it starts to boot press F1 that should take you to your BIOS and check to see if the computer shows the drive if it does you most likly have a bad drive

5. nerd484

nerd484 Member

i think i finally got it back to working condition. i took out a disc and checked the lens for it, and i have no clue how it got so freakin dirty because there were finger prints all over it. so i cleaned it out with some isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swap and that seems to have done it. so i figure the technician wasnt too careful when they worked on it.

6. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

Glad you solved it.