1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant burn anymore

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by neptune, Aug 24, 2007.

1. neptune

neptune Regular member

i know this aint about nero but i thought a good place to post this

cant get anything to burn i get this message with imgburn
    nero wont burn anything either:(

has my burner gone bad ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Power Calibration Area Is Full

This could be due to a bad burner, out of date burner firmware, or using poor quality media.

Make sure your firmware is up to date. Firmware can be found at the burner vendor's web support site and at firmware databases, e.g., http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php.

You can use Nero Info Tools or DVD Identifier as well as many other programs to find your firmware version. The firmware version is the 4-character (letter/number/special character) combination found immediatelt after the name of the burner. In ImgBurn in write mode the name of the burner and firmware version is located at the top of the righthand column.

Good quality media is that made by Verbatim, Made in Japan labeled Fuji/Sony, and Taiyo Yuden. Again, Nero Info Tool and DVD Identifier can ID the actual manufacturer of your media. In ImgBurn in Write mode the actual manufacturer ID will be beside the row header "Disk ID:" in the righthand column. Also be sure to limit the burn speed to half or less the rated speed of the media.

If updating the firmware and using better quality media do not solve the problem, try using Device Manager to uninstall both the burner and the communication channel upon which the burner is installed. They will be autoinstalled upon restart.

The last test is to uninstall the burner and reinstall in another system to see if it actually works.

3. neptune

neptune Regular member

i did this>>uninstall both the burner and the communication channel upon which the burner is installed.and that solved the problem:)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member